Monday, September 05, 2005



My advice? Don't get between these two and the hospitality tent.

Somehow, George Jones is still alive, not only kicking but recording. This new one due out Sept 13 sounds promising.

The cuts include Willie Nelson’s “Funny How Time Slips Away,” Bobby Bare’s “Detroit City,” Alan Jackson’s “Here In The Real World,” Mark Chesnutt’s “Too Cold At Home,” Merle Haggard’s “Today I Started Loving You Again,” and a duet with Dolly Parton on Hank Williams Jr.’s “The Blues Man.”


I'm on the phone to Woolies HQ right now:

How did you get into the George Jones Country Sausage business?

Some friends of mine, the Williams family here in Tennessee, asked me to join them. They’ve been very successful on their own so we thought we’d put my name on there and so far it’s been doing fantastic. We’re in about 10,000 supermarkets now.


Via Real Country Music news.




No comments: