Tuesday, March 15, 2005

Life Lesions

Forgot to mention previously. There is a lot to be gleaned from his songs. A double CD greatest hits puts Dr Phil in the shade for useful life strategies. Like, "let the hurtin' run off your shoulders," "don't need to say please to no man for a happy tune" and "if you're expecting the furniture to answer back during your existentialist monologues, dude needs to get out more."

The one that works for me also comes from that stone cold classic, I Am .. I Said, a perfect cue to strengthen your soul and selfactualize your real self:

Did you ever read about a frog
who dreamed of bein' a king and then became one?
Well, except for the names and a few other changes,
if you talk about me the story's the same one.


My internal mantra often goes like this: You know Angelina Jolie? How she's really gorgeous, fabulously wealthy, reasonably talented and has all the world's most desirable men throwing themselves at her? Well, except for the names and a few other really minor changes ... that's me!"

Try it. It works.

No comments: