Monday, March 27, 2006

For relaxation I like to read books about killing people, one of my favourite authors is Val McDermid. Just finished reading her new one The Grave Tattoo which was a bit on the disappointing side actually but then, I did have very high hopes. The bit where that bloke did that thing, I couldn't buy it. Anyway, at her website I came across this from February:
Later this year, Poisoned Pen Press will be publishing an anthology with a difference. A Merry Band of Murderers is a collection of short stories which are all inspired by a song. And accompanying the book will be a CD where each of the writers performs the song in question. I'm doing The Long Black Veil, which has been recorded by an eye-watering range of artists from Johnny Cash to the Rolling Stones. Try not to get killed in the rush to buy this excellent product!

Coolness. It will be out in September apparently.

This is Val left, here with the rather delicious Robson Green from Wire in the Blood.

(For excellent book reviews, visit Fuschia Reads!)







No comments: