Saturday, July 24, 2004

File Under: Reasons to Move to Texas

Billy Joe Shaver is having a birthday party on the 16th August at the Paramount Theater in Austin.

Here is the line-up.

You might have heard of some of them.

Guy Clark
Bruce Robison
Todd Snider
Robert Duvall
Jack Ingram
Jessi Colter
Dale Watson
Jimmie Dale Gilmore
Joe Ely
Kinky Friedman


FXH said...

I saw Billy Joe Shaver in Melbourne with Kinky Freidman and he was impressive. In my view he also bought out the serious side of Kinky's music.

Amanda said...

I'm jealous. I was overseas when they toured. They seem such opposites in alot of ways. I reckon Kinky is a great writer of "serious" songs, although it's the humerous/novelty ones that get the attention. This is shown off on the tribute album Pearls in the Snow which I highly recommend. Highway Cafe, Wild Man of Borneo and the only country song I know of about the Holocaust, Ride 'Em Cowboy.