Sunday, January 13, 2008
Sunday Mix Tape
* I don't know why Willie Nelson is under R&B either.
* Big Mama Thornton with the Muddy Waters Blues Band is my new favourite blues record EVAH.
* Honeyboy Edwards they say is one of the last living connections to R. Johnson, having palsed around with him on the day he died.
* Danny O'Keefe wrote "So Long, Harry Truman" and also "Goodtime Charlie's Got the Blues." Never heard of him before this week but must put him on the list.
* That Little Richard album ("Little Richard is Back") is the one with Hendrix, before Jimi got the punt from the band. Little Richard pulls out some smoking soul on this album, particularly on this track where he also brings a bit of the crazy.
Posted by Amanda at 2:41 PM