Sunday, May 13, 2007

A Real Bob ... #2

The Sydney Dylan Society (Third Monday of the Month! Abercrombie Hotel, Broadway! All Welcome!) now has a website. If you have any problem using the navagation bar across the top of the photo, please let me know but I think they are fixed. Cross fingers.

I was thinking about pictures for it, and didn't want to just rip off a photo in breach of copyright yadda yadda. So I looked into various options, until I saw a link to Elliott Landy's page from Expecting Rain. You may not know the name but you'll probably know the photos, he took the one that is the cover of Nashville Skyline for a start. And Van Morrison's Moondance. The Band's self titled album. And on. He spent time with Bob in Woodstock and the domestic pictures of him and family are really very touching. The Guardian has a good slideshow and you can see them at Landy's website too. So I took a punt and emailed about getting permission to use one of his photos and ... literally two minutes later he replied personally saying yes. Very generous of him and a bit of a thrill for me.

No comments: