Wednesday, July 26, 2006

What I've Been Doing

Not blogging, obviously. Getting Dwight tickets, and I investigated the Dixie Chicks shows in October but the Sydney one is a Monday which rules me out. Dwight is also a Monday but I had to rearrange a lot of things to be able to go. (Since writing this sentence yesterday, I've heard the Dwight show has been moved to November 1st which is a Wednesday, still not good.) Can't really do it again. If you're going to come all this way, at least play my town on freaking weekend.

Not blogging, but listening:

Irma Thomas After the Rain New album, post-Hurricane Katrina. Unfortunately the copy I have skips horribly so when I get around to cleaning it I'll have a better listen. Sounds great though.

Etta James a Best of and Gospel Soul collection. Etta is in Hail! Hail! Rock and Roll and I'm glad I got reminded of her.

Kelly Willis got two older ones: Fading Fast a EP with Jay Farrar and other Son Volt types, also Sixteen Horsepower's David Eugene Edwards and first album Well Travelled Love.

Evangeline Made: A Tribute to Cajun Music Sugar Hill compilation. Tres cool. I can't judge David Johansen or Rodney Crowell's French pronunciation but it sure sounds purdy.

No comments: