Thursday, June 01, 2006

We Shall Overpay

As an experiment I bought Bruce Springsteen We Shall Overcome: The Seeger Sessions off iTunes. Just to see how I took to the experience. Not so well. It came with a "digital booklet" and one video, of the recording of O Mary Don't You Weep. For $16.99. In a shop you can buy the CD for $21 ($25 max) and not have to squint at a PDF if you want to know who played banjo on track 7. I don't think the black writing on orange background will print so well. And if I print it, what do I do with it? And the dual disc CD comes with FIVE videos. So ... duh. Now I have to go buy it again, for real this time.

I got over my initial underwhelmery with the album and am now thorough digging it. I don't suppose there is much hope of seeing the current hootenanny tour in the antipodes, but the experience as described by the Washington Post sure makes me hope ...

No comments: